Oxymav B Powder
Active ingredient: Oxytetracycline Hydrochloride
A broad spectrum antibiotic powder for treating respiratory and general bacterial conditions in caged birds.
- Broad spectrum antibiotic against a wide range of Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, certain rickettsia, chlamydia, actinomyces, mycoplasma, protozoa and some of the larger viruses.
- It acts by inhibition of proteins in the ribosomes of the bacteria.
- Oxytetracycline crosses most biological barriers in the body.
- Diseases due to susceptible organisms in ornamental cage birds.
- Avoid contact with the skin and eyes, and avoid inhaling dust.
- No prescription is required for this useful medication.
- Chronic respiratory disease and bacterial enteritis dissolve .17oz (5gms) in 1.69floz (50mls) of water.
- Use this solution as the source of drinking water for the treated bird.
- Make up this solution fresh daily.
- Treat the bird for 3 - 5 days, or as directed by a veterinarian.
- 1.69floz (50mls) of prepared solution will treat 2 large birds (parrots, cockatoos) or 10 small birds (canaries, finches, budgerigars).
Directions For Use
- Mix 5g (1 measure) in 50ml of fresh drinking water.
- Treat the bird for 3-5 days or as directed by your veterinarian.
- Prepare fresh solution daily and use as the sole source of drinking water.
- 50ml of prepared solution will treat two large birds (parrots, cockatoos) or 10 small birds (canaries, finches, budgerigars).
- Do not use in food-producing species of birds.
Active constituents Oxytetracycline hydrochloride 10g/Kg
Application Water Soluble