Bayer Baymec Gold Injection 500mls
A ready to use broad spectrum endectocide injection for cattle to treat a range of internal and external parasites.
- Ivermectin is a member of the macrocyclic lactone (ML) family, which binds and interferes with invertebrate nerve and muscle cells causing parasite paralysis and death.
- Ivermectin has a broad spectrum activity against both adult and larval stages of parasite nematodes.
- Clorsulon is a sulphonamide, which kills adult liver fluke by inhibiting their glycolytic pathway enzymes when ingested.
Liver fluke is an important parasite of cattle and is prevalent in high rainfall or irrigation areas of NSW, Victoria and Tasmania and small areas in Queensland and South Australia.
Adult liver fluke causes damage to bile ducts and liver, resulting in blood loss, ill thrift and in some cases 'Black Disease'.
Strategic treatments such as with Baymec Gold, can help reduce liver fluke populations and the production costs associated with their infection.
Baymec GOLD is deal for Beef and Dairy producers who prefer an injectable formulation for broad spectrum parasite control.
This product is not registered or recommended for use in horses.
Ivermectin 10g/L, Clorsulon 100g/L
- For use in both beef and dairy cattle
- Highly effective control of both internal and external parasites, including adult liver fluke
- Low volume dose for convenient injection
- No milk withhold
- Easy to apply with a Bayer 15mL applicator
Baymec Gold will treat and control internal parasites including gastrointestinal roundworms, lungworms and eyeworms; adult liver fluke; and external parasites including sucking and biting lice, mites and cattle tick.
At the recommended dose rate, Baymec Gold will effectively control reinfestation with:
- Ostertagia spp. (Small Brown Stomach Worm) and Cooperia spp. (Small Intestinal Worm) acquired up to 7 days after treatment; and
- Dictyocaulus viviparus (Lungworm) acquired up to 14 days after treatment
Directions for Use
Administer by subcutaneous injection.
Do not underdose. Dose rate to be based on heaviest cattle in each group (bulls, cows, steers, calves etc). Do not retreat with Baymec Gold within 42 day
Following withdrawal of the first dose, the product should be used within 24 hours. Discard any unused portion.
MEAT: DO NOT USE less than 28 days before slaughter for human consumption
MILK: 0 days
EXPORT SLAUGHTER INTERVAL (ESI): DO NOT USE less than 42 days before slaughter for export.