Elanco Extinosad Aerosol 370gm – Blowfly treatment in Sheep
Extinosad™ Aerosol for Wounds (spinosad and chlorhexidine digluconate)
- Convenient, ready-to-use spray product for the treatment and prevention of blowfly strike in mulesing, marking and other wounds of sheep.
- Extinosad™ Aerosol for Wounds is registered for the treatment and prevention of blowfly strike in mulesing, marking and other wounds of sheep.
- It contains the powerful active ingredient spinosad. Spinosad has a unique mode of action1 which results in rapid knockdown of maggots, including maggot strains which are resistant to organophosphates. It also contains an antiseptic to help prevent infection and a scourable blue colouring to assist with application.
Active Ingredients: Spinosad @ 2.8g/kg & Chlorhexidine Digluconate 0.39g/kg
Extinosad Aerosol is a convenient way to treat and prevent blowfly (Lucilia cuprina) strike, mulesing and other flesh injuries in sheep.
This ready-to-spray aerosol kills blowfly maggots (including OP resistant strains) with minimal risk to farm workers and livestock.
Extinosad Aerosol contains the powerful active ingredient spinosad. Spinosad has a unique mode of action which results in rapid knockdown of maggots, including maggot strains which are resistant to organophosphates.
Extinosad Aerosol also contains an antiseptic to help prevent infection and a scourable blue colouring to assist with application.
Why choose Extinosad Aerosol
- Contains the active ingredient Spinodad & Chlorhexidine Digluconate.
- Contains an antiseptic.
- Ready-to-spray aerosol formulation.
- Ideal for treating flystrike, mulesing and other flesh injuries.
- Quickly kills maggots and flies, even OP-resistant strains.
- One can treats up to 20 average-sized flesh injuries.
- Contains scourable blue colouring.
- Nil withholding periods for wool and meat.
- Safe for open flesh injuries.
- Very high margin of safety for operators.
Extinosad Aerosol is registered for the treatment and prevention of blowfly (Lucilia cuprina) strike in mulesing, marking and other flesh injuries of sheep, including strains resistant to organophosphate (OP) compounds.
Extinosad provides rapid control of maggots and blowflies, even OP-resistant strains. Australian and NZ trials have demonstrated 98.5% of struck Merino sheep and 100% of struck coarse wool (meat breed) sheep recovered completely after treatment with Extinosad.
How Extinosad Works
Extinosad contains the active ingredient, spinosad, which is derived from the naturally-occurring soil bacterium, Saccharopolyspora spinosa. Once absorbed or ingested by target insects, spinosad causes prolonged involuntary muscle contractions and tremors, resulting in paralysis and death. Spinosad has a high level of activity against a number of insect species, including the sheep body louse (Bovicola ovis) and the sheep blowfly (Lucilia cuprina) and its larvae. Spinosad is chemically unrelated to any other compound used in the Australian livestock industry.
Pack Sizes: 370g
|Brand||Elanco Large Animal|
Simply email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details and we’ll contact you personally to arrange your price match.
- Contact number
- Your delivery postcode
- All products you are wanting to order, including the product you want to price match
- The url or store name of where you have seen the product cheaper