Equinade Stockholm Tar
Equinade Pure Stockholm Tar contains 100% Swedish Pine Tar which is renowned for it's natural mild antiseptic quality. Stockholm held a monopoly for selling pine tar and so the premium form of the product became known as "Stockholm Tar".
Substitute materials are marketed as Stockholm tar, but should not be used as a veterinary product. Whilst black in colour, the substitute is a residue of charcoal production (poly phenolic liquor) which contains hazardous chemicals and up to 22% water. Coal tar is also used as a substitute which contains the toxic and hazardous benzopyrene (C2OH12).
Equinade Pure Stockholm Tar is a high quality pine tar produced using closed kilns to extract the valuable sap, without toxic bi-products being produced e.g. creosote.
Benefits & Uses:
- Non-toxic and does not contain water, petroleum based chemicals or carcinogenic creosote
- Natural antiseptic action helps to combat bacterial infections of the hoof and skin, including thrush
- Assists in the treatment of split hooves, split heels, cracks and corns. Promotes a flexible and elastic hoof.
- A valuable ingredient to make preparations such as soap, shampoo, animal dips and hoof applications.
- Other applications include sealing and preventing infection of shearing wounds and when dehorning.
- Also a natural way of sealing exposed branches after pruning.
Simply email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details and we’ll contact you personally to arrange your price match.
- Contact number
- Your delivery postcode
- All products you are wanting to order, including the product you want to price match
- The url or store name of where you have seen the product cheaper