Ranvet Lang's Solution
Intravenous (IV) alkaline hypertonic saline infusion to maintain fluid and electrolyte balance in horses.
- Rapid rehydration effects, particularly useful following long distance transport or heavy exercise.
- Initiates the thirst reflex in horses which are unwilling to drink.
- Restores cellular efficiency and body salts to ensure optimal athletic performance.
- Alters the blood profile from one of hypotonic contraction to hypertonic expansion; a gain of salts in excess of water.
- Ideal for rapid restoration of body fluid reserves.
Directions For Use
Administer entire contents of one 500mL pouch by intravenous (IV) infusion.
Ensure fresh, clean drinking water is available immediately after treatment, as horses will seek out water.
The provision of adequate dietary roughage (hay) will aid the prevention of dehydration due to fibrous matter in the hindgut acting as a storage reservoir for water and electrolytes. Horses must receive 1% of body weight daily in roughage provision.
APVMA Approval Number: 51418
50mL multi-dose vial administration of 5mL/500kg every second day or as directed by a veterinarian. Administration via intramuscular (IM) injection.
A world leader in equine nutrition, Ranvet was founded over half a century ago by the late Dr Percy Sykes, AM, MRCVS, MACVSc, a highly respected veterinary surgeon who worked for many years with legendary trainers such as Tommy Smith and Bart Cummings.
Ranvet was founded in response to the observations Dr Sykes made about horses being trained in an unnatural environment, fed very high carbohydrate diets and subjected to extended periods of physical and mental stress. Ranvet now produce an extensive range of supplements and medications for horses internationally that are based on continual research and development.
Simply email us at: email@example.com with the following details and we’ll contact you personally to arrange your price match.
- Contact number
- Your delivery postcode
- All products you are wanting to order, including the product you want to price match
- The url or store name of where you have seen the product cheaper