Power Stance powdered coconut oil and MCT horse feed
PowerStance is a powdered coconut oil supplement. Powerstance delivers the secret ingredient from CoolStance as a powder. Since coconut oil can solidify below 24-25°C, PowerStance was developed to provide the unique benefits of coconut oil in powder form.
Coconut oil is unlike any other vegetable oil fed to horses, and may provide the following unique benefits:
- Saturated oil. Coconut oil is saturated, ie it is not prone to rancidity
- Coconut oil has useful nutritional and antimicrobial benefits
- Increased muscle glycogen storage - Saturated fats such as those found in coconut oil are more effective at enhancing muscle glycogen storage than the unsaturated fats found in other vegetable oils (eg. canola, corn and soya oil).
- Anti-viral and anti-bacterial protection - possibly for gut health and well being
- Ready energy - coconut oil contains MCTs (medium chain triglycerides) which are easier to digest, absorb and convert to muscle energy than the long-chain fatty acids found in other vegetable oils. MCT's are absorbed directly into the portal blood and transported to the liver, whereas polyunsaturated oils are transported via the lymphatics.
- Long shelf life – unlike other vegetable oils, coconut oil is highly saturated and therefore more resistant to rancidity.
- Delicious taste and smell.
PowerStance may be useful for:
- All performance horses to provide non NSC energy
- Weight gain from non NSC energy
- Finicky eaters/horses with poor appetite
- Horses prone to tying up by providing non NSC energy
- Horses with ulcers, acidosis, dysbiosis, poor condition and lameness by providing non NSC energy
- Horses that don’t cope well with grain in their diet, or whose behaviour is affected by grain
- Horses in show or sale preparation
- Aged horses.
- Pony club horses.
PowerStance should be introduced gradually into the diet, building up to the required dose rate slowly over a 2 week period. We do not recommend exceeding 400g/horse/day. The daily dose should be divided and fed in 2 meals per day. PowerStance should be fed as part of a balanced diet.
(Note: 305g PowerStance is equivalent in energy to 1 cup vegetable oil).
What is PowerStance
It is coconut oil that has been made into a powder to make it easier to feed. It contains 70% coconut oil.
Do I have to reduce the quantity of CoolStance I feed if I add in PowerStance?
No not at all! Because PowerStance is simply coconut oil, its use will compound the affects of natural Copra meal. The addition of PowerStance to your feed will allow you to see visable results quicker and ensure your horses gut health is improved.
Simply email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details and we’ll contact you personally to arrange your price match.
- Contact number
- Your delivery postcode
- All products you are wanting to order, including the product you want to price match
- The url or store name of where you have seen the product cheaper