Anxious Dog or Cat? Find Lickimats to Soothe and Calm Them!
LickiMat® technical design: LickiMats are vet developed in Australia and are technical products. The licking surfaces of LickiMats are designed to work with different foods and treats to achieve different outcomes ranging from anxiety reduction to entertainment to slow feeding to training aids and more. LickiMats work differently for dogs and cats.
Dogs: Entertain/distract; reduce anxiety, stress and boredom; slow feeding; and raw feeding.
Cats: Slow feeding; enrichment; improving oral health and special food feeding.
LickiMat® for Dog & Cat: Anxiety Reliever, Treat Maker, Slow Feeder, Training Aid, Boredom Buster, Tongue Cleaner and all-round life Enrichment product for pets. Recommended by Pet Trainers and Vets worldwide.
LickiMats are a unique and versatile product range designed by vets. They are manufactured and used by pet lovers and pet owners. They are designed to improve your pet’s mental health. They are designed to improve your pet's digestion and oral health.
The LickiMat range is based on a challenge/reward based treat delivery system that engages pets over a long period of time while only delivering small portions of their favourite treat or food. LickiMats are designed to deliver a medical free way to promote calm behavior in your pet while home alone or during stressful times, like storms.
The LickiMat range can also be used as a feeder or slow feeder for most dogs and all cats.
- Reduced anxiety and boredom: LickiMat use calms your pet as they enjoy their favourite treat. LickiMat is designed to reduce anxiety and promote calm behavior in your pet by encouraging licking action and stimulating your pet’s tongue. The extended licking action promoted by LickiMat releases a calming hormone in both dogs and cats.
- Training Aid: LickiMat is being increasingly used by pet trainers and animal behaviourists in their training efforts. LickiMats are used for all types of dog training and are especially good at reducing crate training time. Ask your dog trainer about LickiMats.
- Improved oral health: LickiMat works by stimulating your pet’s tongue – increasing salvia production that further cleans the tongue, teeth and gums. Scraping the tongue freshens your pet’s breath. Increased saliva production can also aid digestion as it contains enzymes such as Amylase.
- Recommended for both dogs & cats: LickiMat treat makers are perfect for both dogs and cats. The different surfaces of the Buddy™, Playdate™ and Soother™ work differently with different treats and food. Try them all to discover which surfaces work best for your pets! The Tuff™ models are designed to be dishwasher-safe and recommended for pets that have inappropriate chewing tendencies.
- Healthy treats: LickiMat also allows you to experiment and discover your pet’s favourite treats. Peanut butter, almond butter, yogurt, smashed sardines, pumpkin purée, crushed biscuits, you name it! Enjoy the journey of discovering your pet’s favourite healthy treats. Every pet is unique and appreciates you taking an interest in discovering their preferences.
- Smaller treats, Longer enjoyment: LickiMat allows a smaller volume of treat to be spread out and enjoyed over a much longer period of time by your pet. This reduces caloric intake from treats and food. You can even freeze most treats for a longer and more enjoyable licking experience.
- Grooming, Bathing and Vet Care Aid: LickiMat is used by pet groomers and veterinarians to keep pets busy and distracted. All LickiMat models can be used, and the Splash™ has a suction cup for wall mounting.
- Slow Feeder: LickiMat can be used to promote slower feeding in your pet for both wet and dry food. Dry food naturally falls into the spaces in Buddy™ and Playdate™, whilst wet food can be pressed in using the back of a spoon or a spatula. Very large dog breeds may need more than 1 LickiMat if you want to use LickiMats as a feeder.
- Medical-Free: LickiMat can be used to promote calm behavior in your pet while home alone or during stressful times like storms and fireworks. Please note that LickiMat is not a substitute for medication for some pets.
- Cat Feeder: LickiMat provides a more natural approach for a cat to eat and eliminates whisker stress caused by whiskers touching the side of a bowl. Almost every cat that is given the choice between a LickiMat and a feeding bowl side-by-side will choose the LickiMat.
- Great Value: LickiMat is priced to be extremely economical. It is durable and should provide you with years of service. Please follow the care instructions on the packaging.