Malaseb Medicated Shampoo is an antibacterial, antifungal and antipruritic shampoo for dogs and cats. It is formulated to remove scale, degrease the skin and kill cutaneous microrganisms which primarily or secondarily cause dermatitis.
This shampoo is ideal for generalized or multifocal therapy of dermatitis. Suitable for dogs or cats with sensitive skin, Malaseb Shampoo is free from dyes and perfumes to reduce possible exacerbation of skin problems and its innovative surfactant base removes damaged lipids without stripping the coat.
Malaseb Shampoo contains Miconazole, an antifungal with potent activity against fungi and yeast - and Chlorhexidine Gluconate, a proven antimicrobial agent active against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria. This formula effectively
- removes scales
- degreases the skin
- kills cutaneous microorganisms that primarily or secondarily cause dermatitis
Clinical trials show Malaseb Shampoo to be an effective treatment and control of Seborrheic dermatitis associated with Malassezia pachydermatitis and Staph intermedius.
For the treatment of seborrhoeic dermatitis associated with infections by:
- Staphylococcus intermedius (bacteria)
- Malassezia pachydermatis (yeast)
- Aids in the treatment of dermatophyte (ringworm) infections due to Microsporum canis, Microsporum gypseum and Trichophyton mentagrophytes
Directions for use:
- Thoroughly wet the animal with clean, warm water.
- Apply Malaseb Shampoo to 3 or 4 spots on the animal.
- Using a small amount of water, lather Malaseb medicated Shampoo, concentrating on the most affected areas (lips, in between the paws, under tail and under tummy).
- Leave this sit on your pet for at least 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with clean, warm water thoroughly.
- Pat dry with a towel.
Be sure not to get any shampoo in the eyes. If the shampoo has come into contact with the eyes, flush with clean water.