PAW Manuka Wound Gel
PAW Manuka Wound Gel™ is a sterile medical grade wound dressing made from Leptospermum.sp (Manuka) honey (80%) and natural oils and waxes for wound management. It is ideal for dogs, cats, horses and other companion animals with wounds, burns, grazes and as a general first aid.
The Blackmores difference
This non-adherent gel is made from 80% manuka honey and 20% natural waxes and oils which act to protect and prevent contamination.
- PAW Manuka Wound Gel™ provides the following beneficial properties:
- Protects the wound.
- Helps maintain natural wound pH.
- Remove Malodour.
- Reduces and prevents contamination, external bacteria colonisation and infection.
- May assist in removal of slough and necrotic tissues.
- Natural & non-toxic for animals.
- Minimal heat treatment to preserve honey’s natural properties.
- Special blend of natural waxes and oils to reduce the stinging associated with pure honey.
- Non-adherent gel to reduce trauma at dressing change.
Manuka Wound Gel Ingredients
The ingredients in PAW Manuka Wound Gel™ include Manuka Honey (80%), natural Gum, bees wax, and nourishing organic oils. This product is sterile and of medical grade.
Available in a sterile 25g & 100g tube with induction seal and screw cap.
Directions for Use
Wash around the wound with a sterile saline. Apply PAW Manuka Wound Gel™ liberally (approx. 3mm layer) directly to the wound or to a suitable dressing. In addition using a barrier cream can further protect the wound margin. Dressing change frequency will depend on clinical circumstances. It can vary from once per day for draining wounds to up to 7 days for unsoiled dressings. PAW Manuka Wound Gel™ can be removed from the wound by rinsing with sterile saline or water at dressing change.
- Not for use on heavily exudating wounds.
- Not recommended for body cavities.
- In the event of a slow or non-responding wound, please seek veterinary advice.
A light brown gel formulation – resulting in reduced run off and easier dressing changes.