PlaqueAway For dogs & cats - reduces oral plaque
PLAQUEAWAY reduces oral plaque which constantly forms on teeth and calcifies into tartar. It reduces the risk of periodontal disease which affects 80% of mature dogs and cats, causing pain, reduced appetite, and tooth loss
- PlaqueAway is 100% pure and organic.
- PlaqueAway has been in the market for nearly 10 years.
A 100g jar provides greater than 4 months supply for a standard dog size (10 - 25 kg) and greater than 8 months for a dog less than 10kg.
Mix the appropriate amount of powder (see dosage rate below) into your pets food:- (scoop included)
Number of Level Scoops
Love your pet but not its breath?
- PlaqueAway is the answer.
- PlaqueAway for dogs and cats is the natural way to reduce bad breath by decreasing oral plaque which constantly forms on the teeth and calcifies into tartar.
Reduce Plaque and Tartar naturally
- PlaqueAway keeps your dog and cat's teeth and gums healthy and clean.
- 100% pure, natural and organic, made from a specially selected seaweed harvested from the pristine waters of northern Norway.
- PlaqueAway contains no additives, preservatives, gluten, sugar or fillers.
- Used as a preventative daily treatment, PlaqueAway will greatly reduce the risk of periodontal disease which affects 80% of mature dogs and cats.
Stop that bad breath!
- PlaqueAway will minimize your dog and cat's bad breath by reducing the oral plaque and tartar on their teeth,
A Longer, Happier and Healthy life
- Everyone wants their pet to have a longer, happier and healthier life. As gum disease is linked to poorer overall health and in particular, increased heart disease, using PlaqueAway daily will helps prevent early death. Don't let plaque take years off your dog or cat's life.
Reduce Vet bills
- PlaqueAway will take $$ off your vet bill, as the need to take your dog or cat to the vet to have their teeth cleaned or even removed, will be reduced. Prevention is better than cure
Easy & convenient to use
- PlaqueAway is easy to feed to your dog or cat - just add a small amount of the powder to their food each day. The amount added to the food is calculated based on your pet's weight.
Results seen quickly
- Improved breath and cleaner teeth after using PlaqueAway can usually be seen in 6 to 8 weeks.
What is Oral Plaque and Periodontal Disease?
Plaque is a soft, sticky biofilm that builds up on teeth and contains millions of bacteria. Its formation is a normal process that cannot be prevented. However, if allowed to build, the bacteria in plaque cause tooth decay. This is because these bacteria produce acids from the sugars in the food that an animal eats. This acid causes the tooth enamel to break down, eventually resulting in cavities (holes) in the teeth. The bacteria in plaque also cause periodontal disease (an inflammatory disease affecting the gums and bone supporting the teeth).
Plaque, when combined with saliva and minerals, can eventually harden into calculus (tartar). Once plaque has calcified into calculus (tartar), it requires a visit to the veterinarian for removal.
If the plaque and tartar is not removed but continues to increase, the gums can become red and swollen. This is called gingivitis, an early stage of gum disease.
In more severe periodontal disease, the bacterial infection causes the gums and the bone supporting the teeth to break down. Destruction of the bone supporting the teeth can lead to tooth loss.
Periodontal disease is the most common condition in pets world-wide. It eventually affects a large number of animals, with up to 80% of dogs and cats having dental problems by middle age.
Periodontal disease causes bad breath, oral pain, reduced appetite, and if left untreated, oral infections can spread to other parts of the body, affecting organs such as the kidneys, liver and heart, and significantly shortening the life of the animal.
How long does PlaqueAway take to work?
When taking PlaqueAway daily, results can usually be seen after 6 to 8 weeks.
Can all dogs and cats benefit from using PlaqueAway?
All breeds and ages of dogs and cats will benefit from using PlaqueAway.
Who manufacturers PlaqueAway?
PlaqueAway is manufactured in Australia by an Australian owned company, Total Animal Health Pty Ltd. It has been manufactured and sold in Australia for over 10 years.
Is PlaqueAway sustainably harvested?
PlaqueAway is a specially selected seaweed species from the pristine, cold waters of the North Atlantic Sea. All harvesting is sustainable, without damaging the seaweed plant