Hill's Prescription Diet m/d GlucoSupport Dry Cat Food 1.8kg
Clinical nutrition formulated to help cats lose weight and manage blood sugar
59% of the cat population is overweight1. Even a little extra weight can lead to serious health problems. Extra weight reduces play time, impacts mobility and affects the general health of your cat. Factors contributing to weight gain include age, lack of exercise and overfeeding. Along with frequent physical exercise, choosing the right food plays a very important role in helping cats reach their proper weight.
Hill's nutritionists & veterinarians developed Prescription Diet m/d GlucoSupport clinical nutrition to help support your cat's glucose and weight management. In fact, m/d GlucoSupport is clinically tested nutrition to manage glucose and weight.
Pet Obesity Survey Study 2018
How it works:
- Therapeutic L-carnitine levels
- High protein and optimal carbohydrates help manage blood sugar
- Clinically proven antioxidants
How it helps:
- Clinical nutrition optimised to help cats lose weight
- Supports unique nutritional needs of diabetic cats
- Supports a healthy immune system
- S+OXSHIELD: Formulated to promote a urinary environment that reduces the risk of developing struvite & calcium oxalate crystals
Hill's Prescription Diet m/d GlucoSupport Dry Cat Food is a complete and balanced food that provides all the nutrition your cat needs. Please consult your veterinarian for further information on how our Prescription Diet foods can help your cat to continue to enjoy a happy and active life.
Ingredients: Chicken By-Product Meal, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken, Chicken Fat, Wheat Gluten, Potato Protein, Powdered Cellulose, Pork Protein Isolate, Corn Starch, Sweet Potatoes, Chicken Liver Flavor, Flaxseed, Lactic Acid, L-Lysine, Potassium Chloride, Fructooligosaccharides (FOS), Choline Chloride, Iodized Salt, L-Arginine, Fish Oil, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), Taurine, minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), L-Carnitine, Calcium Carbonate, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene.
Adjust feeding amounts as necessary to maintain optimal weight. Monitoring your patient's condition will assure the nutritional recommendation provides the best results.
- Determine the amount to feed based on the ideal weight rather than the current weight.
- Recommend feeding the recommended Prescription Diet dry food, canned food, & treats exclusively.
- Gradually transition to the new food over a 7 day period.
- Do not allow obese cats to consume less than 80% of recommended feeding amount. Fasting may increase the risk of hepatic lipidosis.
- The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles with differing moisture contents.
- An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of m/d GlucoSupport Dry Cat Food contains 117.0 grams by weight.