Body acid neutralizer and alkali reserve replacer for the treatment and prevention of acidosis in horses.
- Specifically formulated for performance horses.
- Rapidly metabolized and absorbed.
- Neutralises excess lactic acid in blood and muscle.
- Aids in the treatment and prevention of dehydration, acidosis and myopathy/’tying up’.
- Rapid utilization and acid neutralization improves recovery rate following strenuous exercise.
- Restores depleted reserves of the most common bodily alkali, sodium.
- Supplies adequate body alkalines to neutralize acid build-up.
- Balances blood pH for optimum performance.
- May be dosed immediately following hard work.
- Able to be used in conjunction with standard daily electrolyte supplementation of Ranvet’s Salkavite.
Directions For Use
Administer orally over the tongue or place liquid on dry feed.
Ideally, daily broad spectrum electrolyte supplementation should be practiced via the addition of Ranvet Salkavite to the ration. Additionally, horses coming into work produce greater amounts of lactic acid for a given workload and as fitness increases, the ability to buffer and cope with acid improves considerably.
Routine use 45mL twice daily; Post-race 30mL additional to daily administration; As treatment in cases of metabolic disturbance 65mL twice daily.
A world leader in equine nutrition, Ranvet was founded over half a century ago by the late Dr Percy Sykes, AM, MRCVS, MACVSc, a highly respected veterinary surgeon who worked for many years with legendary trainers such as Tommy Smith and Bart Cummings.
Ranvet was founded in response to the observations Dr Sykes made about horses being trained in an unnatural environment, fed very high carbohydrate diets and subjected to extended periods of physical and mental stress. Ranvet now produce an extensive range of supplements and medications for horses internationally that are based on continual research and development.