Hygain® Micrmaize® Premium quality, all natural, micronized maize that requires no soaking or cracking with the goodness sealed in.
MICRMAIZE® flakes are readily digestible with improved feed efficiency and reduced risk of colic, acidosis and laminitis.
1kg of cracked or steam flaked maize can be replaced with approximately 750g of MICRMAIZE.
MICRMAIZE flakes can be fed on their own or mixed with other grains such as MICRLUPINS,
MICRBARLEY and or oats to meet dietary requirements or used as a top up to premixed, pelleted or extruded feeds and should be fed with a minimum of 1.5% of body weight as fibre such as quality pasture/ hay and or chaff.
Feeding amount may be influenced by age, breed, desired body condition, exercise intensity, gestation and lactation status, pasture/hay quality and availability and climate. Care should be taken to match feed intake to dietary requirements. Reduce grain intake on rest days, if horses gain weight and / or training regime is interrupted.
- Introduce HYGAIN MICRMAIZE to your horse’s diet gradually over a 7-14 day period.
- Feed by weight and not by volume.
- Feed a minimum of 1.5% of your horse’s body weight daily as roughage.
- Horses have a small stomach, so feed little and often.
- Ensure horses have access to clean water